FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Hotels/Gold/Diamond...
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:14 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tizzette
As far a room upgrades to executive floor and lounge access, I think hotels look at whether Gold is based on credit cards or stays. If we can tell that at the top of our Hilton page, the hotel can, too.
But you can't tell that at the top of your Hilton page!

All you can tell is whether you've qualified based on normal stays or some other way. But if it's some other way, neither you (if you don't remember) or anyone else can tell if it's from just holding a Reserve or Surpass, or doing big spend on a no-fee card, or having signed up for the Milepoint Premium offer last year, or having done a Fast Track (whether initiated on your own or offered by Hilton), etc.

(Gosh, if you qualified other than through normal nights/stays, even the HHonors CSRs can't see how you exactly qualified, just that it was some way other than through normal nights/stays.)

And, btw, you can't even always tell that at the top of your Hilton page! The top of your Hilton page explains whether or not you're on track to requalify for next year, but doesn't explain anymore whether you qualified through stays or nights or some other way last year (and thus how you have your current status).

The top of your Hilton page will show exaclty the same thing if you had 75 nights last year but 0 nights this year, versus if you had 0 nights last year and 0 nights this year (but have the "right" credit card). In either case, it'll say you're on track to be Blue next year, but nothing about why you're a higher status this year.

Now, the hotel can see your Hilton family stay history, I'm pretty sure, but I don't know how often they spend the time looking at it to see if you had more stays last year but fewer stays this year or whatever. I don't think "this person is Gold but not through normal stays/nights" jumps out at them with a flashing light.

Last edited by sdsearch; Oct 13, 2014 at 7:21 pm