FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Tokyo Narita (NRT): The Definitive Thread
Old Oct 13, 2014, 5:38 am
tentseller
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by mattya9
Hey all! Been reading through some of the more recent posts about connecting through NRT and it looks like 2+ hours is more than enough time to make a connecting flight. However, it's been a few months since the last post regarding (specifically) a DL to DL connection and since schedules and gates etc. change, could anyone tell me if DL still arrives and departs out of one of the satellite terminals at T1? I'm going DTW-NRT-PVG and I have 2 1/2 hours to spare in NRT.

I've also read you have to deplane, check in again, and then go through security before getting back into the gate area. Is this still true and, if so, as efficient as people have said it is? Pardon the ignorance since this will be my first time doing all of this. Thanks for the help/advice in advance!

OPS 5
You only deplane and go through a security check, onto the departure area. There is no re-checking in involve.

I said what I saw and experience and others did the same. NRT is not an American airport.