View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2014, 2:41 pm
WeAreFlyingHigh
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum and BAEC blue again :'(
Originally Posted by origin
I take it you don't have children.
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Doing something they shouldn't, or doing something you don't want them to do? Its not always clear cut, and you're post suggests your at the least-tolerant end of that particular grey area.
I have my first child on the way. I was brought up in an extremely strict household and plan to do the same. I don't agree it's me not wanting them to do it, it's purely bad behaviour. For example, toddlers dancing on tables in a restaurant, drawing on walls in public places with crayons, spitting on carpeted floors in public places, eating food in supermarkets only to put the empty wrappers back on the shelf, playing 'duck duck goose' with strangers on a plane, swearing at people as if it's normal language, touch every bit of food with bare hands in a buffet, shoplifting, pointing at old people saying 'you're going to die soon', shouting and screaming in public, having a food fight on an aircraft, making holes in the seats with the cutlery, and smearing boogers on the seat. In the grey area I have witnessed pooing into the sick bag at the seat, masturbating at your seat (well handled by the crew just to add), standing on seats jumping from one side of the isle to another, climbing over the seats, peeing into one of those plastic cups and then handing it to the crew because 'your parents are asleep and you're scared of the plane toilets.'

Crying babies or other annoying child things all children do at some point in their lives i don't mind. It's on the blatantly bad behaviour with the worst of the worst in the grey area I get annoyed at.

Originally Posted by Worcester
Personally I have found a polite reasonable request gets the best response, certainly that is something I respond to.

I assume there must be people like me who have a very clear social conscience right up until until I meet some mouthy jumped up git. Then I am afraid I rather feel you have asked for it. Maybe this feeling of entitlement to demean other people is because of your advanced years.

Now anyone know if a junior set of bag pipes is small enough to come as hand baggage?
I am only in my late twenties so I wouldn't call it entitlement in my advanced years. I would call it more knowing the difference between right and wrong, continually using manners and not doing anything to attract unnecessary attention.

I will try more polite requests but I find myself so angry by the time at such vile behaviour I can't help but rant sometimes. That's somewhat ironic I suppose as my remarks can't exactly be polite to the recipient but they did provoke me.