FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point runs | 2014 master thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2014, 1:37 am
SadKingBilly

Originally Posted by crisdean
Hi guys. Due to my stupidity or not being able to know I lost 400 TPs and am now still 270 T'Ps clear of silver. I've got to achieve this by January 2015. My starting point would be Glasgow. I know that some of youuse tools but I can't exactly remember the name therefore am not really efficient in my search.

Could anyone of you please help me? I'm looking also for any ideas for a weekend nonstop TP run. I don't care about sleep and my budget would be around 800 GBP. Any ideas or so would be welcome. Many thanks community.
Can't see anything fancy which would give it to you in one run, but over a couple of weekends (should be available most weekends in Nov/Dec):

Nov 22: GLA-LHR-HEL
Nov 23: HEL-LHR-GLA
£463.77 for 200 TPs (business)

Nov 28: GLA-LHR-DUB
Nov 29: DUB-LHR-GLA
£342.75 for 120 TPs (business)

Flights almost fit into your budget, however you'll need to stay overnight in both HEL and DUB. You might want to use matrix.itasoftware.com to explore other options, just put

/alliance oneworld

into advanced routing codes. Note that GLA-LON will give you at most 20 TPs (even when booked business), shorthaul international flights (and Jersey) out of LON are 40 , and shorthaul+ are 80 per leg in business. The list of the latter is available in the wiki at the top of this post. Might be worth trawling the BA's low fare finder for good deals in business to these destinations (those will typically will be exLON though).

HTH.