FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Somebody else's Champagne in the room... What would you do?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:24 pm
shonamac

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
We checked into an Intercontinental today. Had a few issues initially, when the room was not available after being told that it was. We then didn't get informed when the room became available.

Anyway, despite being promised an upgraded room with a great view, we got a pokey room with a view of the hotel air conditioning units. The worst thing was that we were next to a service door that was constantly in use, and slamming so hard that things shook in the room. It was happening every 30 seconds.

I complained and we got promised a new room. The new room is actually a club room. But...

There is a bottle of Champagne, and a note addressed to somebody else. There is also a 'goodie bag' containing another half bottle of champagne, and various other things. It's obvious that whoever had the room booked originally had canceled. I actually think that everything has been here for a night already (the ice for the champagne had melted and the water was room temperature).

So, what do we do? My idea is to get some fresh ice and crack on
Is there ANY other possible course of action?