FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 150 Pound BA Card for lost Luggage
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:26 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
Correct. Hoping you can help me to understand what my tights are now that it is day two and I have to consider purchasing beyond the 150 pounds that was given. Thanks.
You are allowed a reasonable amount of tights and other clothing + cosmetic items. Keep a receipt, photo them and the receipt, send it in afterwards. You should deduct the debit card off the total. BA have a good reputation in this area. If you buy from Marks and Spencer or Gap you are unlikely to be challenged, but if you bill them for some laundry or service washes then it makes it even more difficult to challenge.

You can also claim for electrical items, such as a battery charger.

Reports on here suggest payment is arranged a few days after receipt of the documentation.

If the items are lost - which is now extremely rare - then there is a separate process for claiming for that, covered by the Convention mentioned above. It's unlikely to come to that.