FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta deems NRT-BKK passengers unimportant
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:12 am
kettle1

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by jbalis
"Good posts above. If OP has traveled for 30 years and this is the worst thing that has happened - this is a shocker.

DL could have handled it different.

Put OP in a hotel at NRT until DL283 NRT-BKK leaves the next day (24 hours later). DL pays for a 2*-3* hotel, give him 2 food vouchers. Kick in a few miles for the trouble."

Please see my posts but I got 3 food vouchers not 2 for my 24 hours in NRT (on the exact same routing), I am jealous, I would have much much rather had his outcome then mine!
^^^ Agree, that is my point. DL did not need to help the OP and the others on the ANA flt. Stick to the CoC and DL would have been way ahead regarding $$$. DL did a favor to all involved.

I would have DEMANDED the flt from PDX-NRT with a MX depart on-time - not fixed. If we make it to NRT, I would than complain to DL - you flew us on a unsafe plane. If we do not make it - my family could make a complaint that my family member died on a unsafe plane.

DL did the OP right (and the others). I hear NRT area (not Tokyo) is booming this time of year, so perhaps OP should have demanded to stay at NRT take the next day DL283 flt, arriving in BKK 24 hours late.