FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta deems NRT-BKK passengers unimportant
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:33 am
Transpacificflyer

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Although I sympathize with the frustration, the outcome was rather decent compared to some other airlines. DL got you on another flight with a reasonable delay, and yet you are upset. If this is the worst you experienced on the NRT-BKK route, count your blessings. I suggest you put this in perspective;
1. It is unfair to the other pax who have nothing to do with your flight delay to hold their flight. You want them to be wait so you can get on the plane. You claim that holding the flight would have only resulted in a 10 minute delay. I believe you are mistaken. You were at a busy hub where pushback has to be on time or else the plane can lose its take off slot and wait for a new slot.
2. I have suffered delayed arrivals and departures at NRT courtesy of TG, UA and AC and their response in comparison was dismal. Often, while I may have made the dash to a connection, my baggage did not. Baggage handling at NRT is one of the best in the world and the Japanese are the winners when it comes to transferring bags on a short connection. If they can't do it, then they really can't do it.

Honestly, I believe you are being unreasonable and are deluded. DL contracted with you to fly you to a destination. It had a maintenance issue and the contract allows for such a disruption in travel. The response from DL in terms of the relatively minimal disruption was excellent compared to other airlines. I've been stuck at NRT courtesy of AC mechanical issues and I have had disrupted travel plans courtesy of UA back when it flew the route. TG was always late. I'd have given anything for the response DL gave you. and for reference sake, when I had these disruptions I was elite/*A Gold and a paying J class pax. This is what air travel is today.