FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta deems NRT-BKK passengers unimportant
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:27 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Powers106
All 12 passengers cleared customs, got their bags off the baggage claim belt and were waiting for the bus to arrive by 19:07 (outside the terminal). No DYKWIA, simply Delta made zero effort to get us on the flight and that after their own 2.5 hour mechanical delay on their side in Portland. They couldn't even try to accommodate us by 10 minutes. Be an apologist if you want, 6 hours and a 1 hour+ bus ride to a new terminal because Delta didn't care about the BKK passengers time. No effort at all to help us make the connection, which only needed and extra 10 minutes. After they decided to book us on ANA that was it. Nice touch how they sent us on the bus without any Delta representative since that might have been inconvenient for them, not that I need my hand held but talk about dumping us into the bus and dusting off their hands...
Asking for 100k RDM compensation seems pretty DYKWIA to me.

Also, if we're splitting hairs, everyone clearing customs by 19:07 still puts you at 22 minutes beyond scheduled departure, so a 10 minute hold wouldn't have helped.

As someone else said, you're making this way too personal. We can discuss whether DL did or did not make the right decision, but understand that such a decision involved considerations like crew time, takeoff slot, anticipated (not ideal) transfer time, weather, and any number of other things. A factor that most certainly did NOT come into play was: "Oh hey, Powers106 and these 11 other people are on a short connection, but none of them are that important, so we'll make sure that we just send the BKK flight out on time specifically to inconvenience these 12 folks, and in the meantime lose some revenue buy buying them all tickets on ANA instead of making them wait a full day for the next DL flight."

You had probably a 18-20 hour scheduled journey that got extended to something like 24 hours. So a 25% increase in travel time - significant, but not devastating. By those standards, the 45 min WX delay I experienced on ATL-PHL last week should have been the end of the world. At this point, you've probably spent more time fuming about the delay than the actual length of the delay.

Originally Posted by Mdanner423
Not caring about your time, or not caring about the time of the passengers waiting for an on-time departure to BKK?
This.