FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta deems NRT-BKK passengers unimportant
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:54 pm
Powers106

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Originally Posted by gooselee
I guess my being able to count on ~95% of my DL flights leaving and arriving on time doesn't count for anything.

As someone else mentioned, your flight blocked in only 13 minutes before the scheduled departure of your connection, and it did not appear that any other flights were held. While YOU may have been able to clear the transfer in 25 minutes, what if one of your 11 connecting companions required wheelchair assistance? Or had checked bags that needed to be collected and re-checked? Or any number of other things that would require a longer transfer time?

Wonder what the threshold is on holding an outbound flight? 10 minutes? 30? 2 hours if a double DM DYKWIA is en route?

DL is accountable to the MX delay, but the accommodations you were offered seem quite reasonable to me.

I hope I get some of your luck if this is really the worst thing that has happened to you in 30 years of flying, or even 200k BIS this year. Also, I can't see any good reason to have 900k RDM banked. Live a little.
All 12 passengers cleared customs, got their bags off the baggage claim belt and were waiting for the bus to arrive by 19:07 (outside the terminal). No DYKWIA, simply Delta made zero effort to get us on the flight and that after their own 2.5 hour mechanical delay on their side in Portland. They couldn't even try to accommodate us by 10 minutes. Be an apologist if you want, 6 hours and a 1 hour+ bus ride to a new terminal because Delta didn't care about the BKK passengers time. No effort at all to help us make the connection, which only needed and extra 10 minutes. After they decided to book us on ANA that was it. Nice touch how they sent us on the bus without any Delta representative since that might have been inconvenient for them, not that I need my hand held but talk about dumping us into the bus and dusting off their hands...