FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Team Madness - 14 weeks, 200k miles, 5 continents, CI brand new business
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:12 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Sydney to Taipei on China Airlines A330-300 in business (SYD-TPE CI C)

My name wasn't on the list of lounge eligible passengers provided by China Airlines, but by now I'd been here enough that I was directed inside while they sort out with the airline. That is good - in many contract lounges a strict approach is taken if you are not on the list.

This time the lounge boarding call is early and so by the time I reach the gate I was the last to board. I did, however, avoid the ignomy of a personal page.

The business class cabin was just over half full - about the lightest load I've experienced to date on China Airlines between Australia and Taipei.

At the start of the flight there was a delay in IFE being available. First a couple of China Airlines public service announcements, then the wrong option was selected so another video was shown, then repeated attempts to get IFE started. Finally a system reboot did the trick and the IFE was on about 45 minutes after take off.

For some reason I didn't manage to get much sleep, just about 3 hours. I was woken when breakfast was being served and felt terrible. A couple of coffees later I felt much better.

We landed very early just after 4am.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 9, 2014 at 9:19 pm