FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta deems NRT-BKK passengers unimportant
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:11 pm
Powers106

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
While some may not agree with it due to a 3 class UA service being replaced by a JV with ANA on this route, the OP since in BE was probably very lucky to be put on a *A airline. I bet any of the other 11+ "maybe" non elite flyer/members probably waited for the next days DL flight to BKK. Yeah its nice that DL flys NRT-BKK but being a *A flyer this to me highlights DL/Skyteams problem with IRROPS via NRT vs ICN/using KE as a hub, they have limited options, today for the OP they used *A non alliance connection for a person in BE, lucky him. I am surprised that a reroute for any of them wasn't through ICN but it highlights the disconnection among Skyteam members DL/KE looking from the outside as a *A/UA person. Hub to hub is critical with partners, DL doesn't have that in NRT and the OP got hosed. I really wonder how the other 11-12 people made it to BKK and when/how.
We were all re-routed onto the ANA flight. That might be why they were unwilling to change at the last minute since DL "bought" ANA tickets. They made zero effort despite my best efforts to just get us onto the DL flight (I was the only one willing to speak up). As another poster said, I've had delays there for other passengers, this time Delta just didn't care at all, they re-routed us and that was that. Nice ANA flight on the 787, food and service exceptional, but 6 hours later. Very disappointing move by Delta not to keep the flight open for just an 10 extra minutes.

I guess that is another thing not to count on from them, where before they always seemed to make an effort now hope that you have more than 12 people going your way. Wonder what the threshold is? 20? 15 + 1 non rev pilot? etc...