FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta deems NRT-BKK passengers unimportant
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:40 pm
Sabai

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
While some may not agree with it due to a 3 class UA service being replaced by a JV with ANA on this route, the OP since in BE was probably very lucky to be put on a *A airline. I bet any of the other 11+ "maybe" non elite flyer/members probably waited for the next days DL flight to BKK. Yeah its nice that DL flys NRT-BKK but being a *A flyer this to me highlights DL/Skyteams problem with IRROPS via NRT vs ICN/using KE as a hub, they have limited options, today for the OP they used *A non alliance connection for a person in BE, lucky him. I am surprised that a reroute for any of them wasn't through ICN but it highlights the disconnection among Skyteam members DL/KE looking from the outside as a *A/UA person. Hub to hub is critical with partners, DL doesn't have that in NRT and the OP got hosed. I really wonder how the other 11-12 people made it to BKK and when/how.
For all the blather about ST supremacy in China, the Seamless Alliance sure has its knickers down in SE Asia.

So much for: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...atus-asia.html