FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to find the fare class / mapping for codeshare mileage earning before purchasing?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:53 am
mduell
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I wasn't implying you said all carriers. But your message said there's a table to look up in EF. I haven't found it. Maybe you can help?
It's conveniently covered on page 10 of the EF user guide:

Fare Rules, Routing Rules, and Booking Class Searches

The fares returned in the response screen for Fare Information will each have a link on the right side to the complete Fare Rules for this fare. Read these rules carefully. They may give restrictions as to when the fare is valid, such as day of the week or on a particular flight number only. They will also give you information on whether or not stopovers are permitted, minimum and maximum stays and any penalties that may exist if you change or cancel your flight.

Also available on the right side is a link to the Routing Rules for this fare. This is useful to determine what, if any, restrictions on how you route from the Departing Airport to the Arriving Airport for that fare. One example of a routing rule is that maybe the fare is only valid for non-stop flights or perhaps only when routed through a specific connecting city. The Routing Rules also contain Ticketed Point Deduction information for applicable fares.

The View Booking Class option will show the Prime Booking Class Table - Booking class information filed by the fare owner (usually the overwater carrier), plus any exceptions filed for segments flown by other carriers. Optional you can specify a secondary airline to show the Secondary Booking Class Table for the fare - Booking class information for segments flown by carriers other than the fare owner who have a different booking code from the prime carriers.

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
But, again, I don't think EF gives you any ability to see how a UA fare class maps to any other *A carrier. So outside of LH (and probably LX and some others) who have the same fare class structure as UA, it's impossible to know what your UA "L" fares equals on Brussels or another *A carrier.
They do indeed have it for every UA fare on every eligible codeshare partner.