FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Lost My Bag
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:21 am
JPCAG

Programs: DL DM. Marriott Plat. Hyatt DM.
Originally Posted by SteelersWVU09
I traveled from DTW to AMS on 9/6-9/7. When I arrived my bag was no where to be found. I filled out a delayed bag report. Have called the airport every day since then. My bag on Deltas tracking website shows that it was last scanned in at customs in AMS. AMS was trying to contact DTW to find the bag, but obviously it made it to AMS.

I went to AMS today and they cannot find the bag anywhere in the airport. They think the tag got pulled off the bag at some point. I have my name and # on the outside of the bag- but if the tag was pulled off it wouldn't have been scanned- which makes no sense.

I had a couple thousand dollars in clothes in my bag since i am traveling for 2 weeks and it's brand new luggage. I filled out a claim on Delta's website on Friday since it was 5 days. Didn't receive an email or anything noting the claim- so I hope it went through. I plan to follow up tomorrow with Delta. I am just looking to get compensated for replacement of my clothes and bag + what I had to spend on the cheap but expensive clothes I had to buy in Amsterdam. I have a silver membership and a delta rewards card member if that matters. Any advice? Or tips for a situation like this? If Delta is difficult I am thinking about small claims court.
Yup. Definitely worth getting lawyers involved. Seriously? Go buy some new clothes. Chill out, enjoy Amsterdam and send the bill to Delta. Or don't send the bill to Delta. Next time put costly clothes in carry-on. Problem solved.