FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Team Madness - 14 weeks, 200k miles, 5 continents, CI brand new business
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:47 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Taipei to Sydney on China Airlines A330-300 in business (TPE-SYD CI C)
Sydney to Auckland on China Airlines A330-300 in business (SYD-AKL CI C)

These flights were much the same as on the previous trip, and had the same IFE and menus. So I'll be brief.

Boarding was late, commencing after our scheduled departure time in both cases. I was recognised before I stepped foot on the aircraft - I guess I've flown China Airlines a bit lately. We were over half an hour late leaving. I had a domestic flight on a separate ticket to make, with no real options for a misconnect (i.e. I'd have to stay in Auckland overnight and pay a high walk-up fare to fly in the morning), so I was slightly anxious that the delays didn't compound.

The first leg was totally full as usual. We made up some time while I slept. The lounge bouncer remembered me from the flight to Taipei, but I couldn't work out if he was referring to this trip or the previous one. Despite a fairly empty aircraft for the second leg we managed to lose half an hour in the transit.

I didn't manage to sleep on the second leg - which was probably a good thing to adjust my body to the NZ time zone. Instead my glass was refilled with the nice Riesling at very frequent intervals.

I did make my onward flight, but did not have long in the lounge before boarding.