FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: USDM oneworld Award Bookings - (Closed to new bookings) [Master FAQ and Help]
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:15 am
DeltaFlyingProf

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Downgrade on CX award with US Miles. Options?

I have used my US Airways miles to give my parents award tickets from Europe to Tokyo flying on Cathay in first.

Unfortunately, on their Hong Kong-London segment, Cathay has removed first class. So they have been downgraded to business. There are paid seats available on other flights with F, but no award seats, and of course I would need two of them.

I will try to see if I can get it fixed, but wondering if anyone here has previous experience as to how to handle such a situation with US? I know CX is a newcomer as far as award partner with US, but I presume that their attitude would be similar to how they may have dealt with such an issue if NH had downgraded some flights.

Should I call US only? Should I call Cathay to see if they can work with US to release inventory?

I have no status with US but am Exec Plat on AA. Not sure if that would help me in any way.