FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hajj, A Journey of a Lifetime: An Insiders Look
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:08 am
Too much travel

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Thank you for a fascinating trip report on what must have been a highly spiritual journey: it certainly beats the boring SQ J / EK F etc reports elsewhere on the board.

However, this being FT, I am curious about various matters regarding your trip. Folks on your side of the Atlantic may have been a bit too PC to ask, but we're less PC elsewhere around the world, so I'll ask the following very FT-esque questions:

Originally Posted by isaifan
We luckily received one of the upgraded tents which provided a pull-out mattress for each person that could also double as a seat. Each mattress also came with a pre-packaged blanket and pillow.
How far in advance did you have to apply your relevant upgrade instrument? What was the risk that someone would buy it under you for a few TODs?

We were also provided with an amenity kit that included fragrance free soap, shampoo, slippers, toothbrush, toothpaste, and other necessities. Again, since we chose the absolute cheapest package for hajj, all of this was beyond our expectations and we were truly happy to have such luxuries.

Mena Amenity Kit[/CENTER]
So basically this is better than most J amenity kits then?

Space in Mena is extremely tight. When sleeping you are literally shoulder to shoulder with the people next to you. Being 6′-4″ does not help as I was regularly awoken with people accidentally stepping on me as my feet dangled in into the 6″ walk-way between mattresses.
Am I wrong to be picturing the PMUA 747 business class seat map in the mind?

Last edited by Too much travel; Oct 8, 2014 at 2:31 am