FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2014 for Elite Status in 2015
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:39 pm
maduarte

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier Gold
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
OK, then if the system's still broken, it will allow you to pay for an upgrade to E+ on an award reservation for someone else, even though they get it (and you can choose it) automatically if booked on miles from your (an elite's) account. At least it appears you can do so; I've never gone on the way through to the end and pulled the trigger.
Interesting... so by "broken" you mean that if I make an awards reservation for someone, and then I pay for their E+, since the reservation appears under my MP number then I would get the PQDs for that E+? I may be able to give this a try by the end of the month.

Otherwise, what I'm seeing might be best is to book a one-way IAD-BDL for $85+tax, and use miles to book BDL-IAD earlier in the day. This shouldn't take more than half a day of my time... but I'd still prefer a solution that doesn't involve additional travel.

Last edited by maduarte; Oct 7, 2014 at 9:43 pm Reason: Added timing for test :-)