FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: HELP DESK: AA Elite Status Challenge (CLOSED: "hard end" 23 Dec 2015)
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:10 pm
MADPhil

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by br2k
Great, thanks

One more question. I am reading the challenge description and it says I can register from either 16th or 1st of any month.
- Let's say I have an outbound flight on June 25th.
- I would like to begin challenge after June 16 to get the longest status period, so sounds like I should start on July 1st?
- If I register for challenge from July 1st - does it mean my outbound flight on June 25th will not count? Or is there some "backdate" period?

Depending on the answer I can shift travel dates a bit.
You can register for the challenge within two weeks of taking the first flight but the start must be backdated to include that flight. You can start on any date not just the 1st. or the 16th. Status runs from when you qualify, i.e. after the flight on which you have accumulated the required total points, until the end of February of either the next year if the challenge is started before June 16th. or the following year if it is started on or after June 16th. This information is all in the Wiki.