FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The ultimate Emirates seating guide
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:10 pm
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by gorbatzjov
Hi Jason, Congrats with flying EK!

Since you're flying business, you're going to have a great seat anyhow... On the A380, since it seems you're flying with only 1 other person, maybe you'll be more comfortable in the middle seats (both have direct aisle access) E & F. Take the front part of the cabin if you prefer a quiet flight, as the second part is close to the on-board bar which tends to be "loud" on LHR flights :-) Nevertheless, do visit the bar for some drinks and bites!

For the 77W flights, any 2 seats next to the window (A&B or J&K) should be fine. If you want to sleep, the smaller front cabin may be better. Note that the 1st row is only given away at check-in counter or by calling EK.

It seems that EK653 might be an old version of J class with deep recliners instead of lie flat beds. I'm not familiar with that flight, but you can check that in "What's on your flight" in "Manage my booking". If it says "ICE with over 600 channels" it's probably an old plane with old seats.

For lounge: B gates lounge is under refurbishment. It's open but parts are closed of. I don't know how busy it'll be, but especially on the 6 hour layover, you can consider taking the shuttle train to A gates where a huge new lounge awaits you. Or, you can leave the airport (depending on your visa) and visit a nearby hotel for some drinks and food. There is also an older business lounge at C gates, but some FFTs still prefer this one actually...

Otherwise, I really like the food places at either side of the A gates terminal. Especially the Jack Daniel's burger joint :-)

Has anyone flown in FC long haul? We are traveling LAX to Dubai with adjoining seats in FC