FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA: Ewr-iah-pos $300 (3.7cpm)
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:08 pm
TravisSC

Originally Posted by JustTravel
has anyone done this recently? Any experience with customs? I have never done a MR with such a tight turnaround before.
As miasmal explained, the turn through customs to security and back to the gates is really quick and easy. I actually think you guys on the 'immediate' turns had it easier with customs than me on an overnight. The first trip through the lady thought I was crazy but stamped me through quickly. The next weekend, down there on the same flights, with the same story, they seemed to be highly suspicious of my intentions. In fact, the moment the conversation tone changed was, after telling her I was only there for 12 hours, she asked if I'd even been to T&T before. I replied "Yes, last weekend." That got my paperwork and passport handed over to a supervisor for 'review'. The actual customs lady was very nice and apologetic that it was taking so long though. She kept asking all sorts of questions about frequent flyer miles and mileage runs and what my wife thought of all of this - her genuine interest was quite funny actually. All was sorted out eventually but I don't think they completely got their heads around the whole story.