FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:33 am
astroflyer

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by amw3000
I have some questions that I should have asked after my interview but they were quick to rush me out.

1. Leaving Canada via YYZ. I understand YYZ has US Pre clearance so its a bit different. When I enter via the nexus section, do I still need to fill out the paper customs form or is this done via the machine?

2. I'm assuming the Nexus section carries the same hours of operations of the normal US customs line. My flight is early morning.

3. Entering Canada (YYZ), what's different? Is there a dedicated spot for Nexus holders?
Just to try to provide a little more detail and confirmation.
1) Don't fill out the US customs form. The pre-clearance section is now all GE machines, and it's to the left of the customs hall (separate entrance). They do like to see a physical card when you enter.

2) From all of my experience, Nexus has always been open when US customs was open. This includes some stupidly early flights.

3) As was mentioned before, you do have to fill out the Canadian customs declaration. Nexus kiosks are located both to the far left and far right of the customs hall.