FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Limassol, Cyprus [Master Thread]
Old Oct 6, 2014, 10:00 pm
red star

Originally Posted by Fizzer
A little late perhaps but we received a Leisure Suite. At the time of applying the SNA to our booking we were also offered another type. I think it was a Royal Spa room but I cannot be sure.

We had 8 nights just 10 days or so ago and we were actually impressed with the hotel. Sure the rooms and lobby had a more dated décor but they were well maintained. We got a super suite upgrade with SNA and had a nice bottle ofcabernet sauvignon as well as a nice bowl of fruit awaiting our arrival. Fruit and flowers updated during the stay ( but only 1 wine sadly ).

In addition the hotel is completely closing for a major refurbishment from November 2014 until March 2016, so I guess that should address those concerns about being dated etc.

Not sure if it will be remaining a Le Meridien or even an SPG after the refurb but it would be a shame if it did not.
Thanks, now I know why they are not open in November as they were in the last years. Hope the hotel stays with SPG.