FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Do 2015: The Deadliest Catch Do (Dutch Harbor, AK) | Aug 29-Sep 6, 2015
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:39 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Has anyone found *ANY* saver award space n UA (or any other carrier) to ANC? I'm not seeing any. UA shows zero for all of August and I looked from ORD/SEA/IAH in addition to from EWR-land.

ETA -- found SFO-ANC on the way up but don't expect to find much if anything saver on the return. I still need to add segments to SFO But I bked an award as far as ANC! If I had any AS miles I'd book ANC-DUT ... but alas I have zero. Any chance US miles can be used for the ANC-DUT-ANC legs?
I haven't specifically looked for next summer, but historically, UA space has been pretty easy to get to ANC. That said, I always routed through SEA, and the SEA-ANC flight no longer exists. Maybe space from other hubs is harder to come by.

US isn't a partner of AS's yet, but perhaps as the US-AA merger proceeds, that may change, and AS and US might begin working together. Or AS might not ever deal with US-as-US and just wait for the merger to fully complete and deal with the new, merged entity.