FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)
View Single Post
Old Oct 6, 2014, 1:53 am
ericdabbs

I went to a Vons earlier today to buy some VGCs and went to the customer service desk to try to purchase them. The customer service lady first asked me how I would pay for it and I said "credit" and then said couldn't let me buy the VGCs citing that the VGCs were "credit cards". She said "you can't buy "credit cards" with credit". What a retarded statement. I remember someone said the same thing earlier in this thread about experiencing a situation where the customer service worker stated that you can't buy "credit cards" with "credit". I wonder if it was just by coincidence the same person we ran into.

Either way I just gave her a puzzled look and gently pushed back and said that they weren't "credit cards" but "debit cards" but she insisted she was correct. Oh well, didn't push hard and just went about my way. What just annoys me is that they are incorrectly categorizing what a credit card is. You can't buy a credit card off the shelf at a grocery store or anywhere without doing a credit history check. That is just not how it works.

Last edited by ericdabbs; Oct 6, 2014 at 3:51 pm