FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Team Madness - 14 weeks, 200k miles, 5 continents, CI brand new business
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:53 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Prelude

These trips came about almost by accident, with coincidental alignment of a number of factors which together made it all possible.

Firstly, after a long time of almost neglect of the South Pacific by Sky Team, in the past several years there has been significant expansion of their presence in both Australia and New Zealand.

In my past trip reports you'll struggle to find any Sky Team flights, with just a couple of flights on Air France thanks for Lufthansa not advising me of a schedule change and then dealing with me when I turned up at the airport for a booked flight that no longer existed (and the next flight was too late for my meeting). Now I have an easier opportunity to try more airlines.

Secondly, the high dollar in Australia and New Zealand has meant some great fares locally and also meant greater buying power for fares ex- other places than has been the case historically (ignoring mistake fares).

Thirdly, for the first time in a few years I had more time available for travelling.

Fourthly, having qualified for lifetime status on Oneworld (2007) and Star Alliance (2013) I decided to collect the set with lifetime status on Sky Team also.

So, I didn't set out to fly so much in such a short time but some happy circumstances have led me to this point. On with the travel.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 4, 2014 at 6:58 pm