FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status Match by Chinese Carriers
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:08 am
mediator

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by moondog
I'm guessing that the OP wouldn't be too excited about the ability to use lounges on CI flights, but even if he is, other ST FFP's carry this same benefit, have better award charts, and have miles without hard expiration dates. While CZ/MU miles do expire, at least they have awards that are small enough to allow most people to clear out points that are about to disappear.

I don't happen to know which *A/ST FFP's are the "best" these days, but I'm quite confident that CI/CZ/MU are towards the bottom of the list.

BTW, I've flown ~60 sectors on MU this year, and have something like 8k points to show for it. Why? Because the lowest fares on my main routes (SHA-NNG/SZX) rarely cross over the threshold into "mileage earning", and when they do, we're looking at 25%. There are buy-up opportunities (e.g. "upgrade to H class for Y300 and earn 900 km for this flight"); no thanks.
That's when the P-fare on MU comes in handy First class for about $200? I'm in! You can also credit MU's P-fare to CZ, which earns 2 segments in CZ's elite program.