FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club World Menu- NRT to LHR
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2014, 7:37 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I usually take photos of the menu and the food but on that trip I didn't unfortunatley otherwise I would have happily shared them with you. Tbh I am trying to remember what we got but I can't.

My UuA strategy has always been to do it at the time of booking, and try and tie the booking in with a sale. On this occasion I booked in June 2013 for the trip which was for the last half of March 2014 but there wasn't a WT+ sale on at the time. Cost for WT+ and domestic connections to MAN and the extra carrier surcharge from WT+ to CW was £1481. As you might expect a WT+ started about 3 days after I booked it so had I held on for a few days I probably would have saved £300.

For the outbound my sleep strategy was to stay awake the night before so I could then go to sleep after the meal service and get 6 hours or so before waking up and landing in Japan. Had I not done that I think I would have had a problem trying to sleep on the flight as by the time my body clock decided it was evening UK time we would have only been 2-3 hours out from NRT. Sounds a bit nuts but it seemed to work and I felt ok for the arrival day in Tokyo.

Japan is an amazing country and the trip in March was my first there. I stayed in Tokyo, Kyoto, and Hiroshima during the trip. In fact I loved it so much I am off again next March again and also going to Korea as part of the trip. However, I have been much better at timing it with a sale so time cost was £1,048.37 which includes the upgrade to CW for outbound and inbound and domestic connections again. I booked that one at the start of July this year.