FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club World Menu- NRT to LHR
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:47 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dood125
Thank you Genius 1.

Do you have any tips on whether i should book club world on the outbound or should i do it for the inbound?

As the outbound is from LHR is in the afternoon and we reach NRT in the morning iam assuming it would be better to book club world on this segment?

My only concern is would the service level differ as its in essence an overnight flight
I did LHR-NRT-LHR earlier this year. I booked WT+ and was able to UuA to CW both ways. I would say the LHR-NRT doesn't feel like an overnight flight in the same was an evening departure from the US East Coast does. The meal service was not rushed or like a sleeper service, but by the time you had finished eating around 1500 UK time then you have 6-7 hours to NRT so time for a good sleep.

On that basis I would absolutely advise to go in CW for the outbound since that is the leg you really want to sleep on.

For the return I was awake for the whole flight and didn't want to sleep anyway since it is a daytime flight. Tbh I probably would have been as happy to have been in WT+ as CW.