FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Vegas Codes and Promos
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:21 am
SteveANC

Originally Posted by dgreen12
I'd flip the proposed itinerary --- Halloween weekend is causing Strip hotels to ask for a lot of $$$ for the first two nights of your stay.

Look at off-strip hotels for Friday/Saturday (or stay at downtown LV hotels (Fremont Street area)) for the first two nights of the weekend (Friday thru Sunday) and then come back to the Strip for Sunday through Wednesday.

That way you can get the full Vegas experience at less cost.
You would think! On LMTclub, Friday is the cheapest day by far ($139 for Aria before tax and fees.) Rates increase and by Wednesday the fifth most of the higher end hotels go into the $400/500 per night stratosphere. Palms and Caesar are cheap, though.

Looks like my best bet is Vdara for two nights with the 25% Visa Signature discount and benefits, then Caesar and Palms. I am hoping that will give a good range of the Vegas experience.. considering staying at one of the low-end (Luxor or Stratosphere) hotels for some of it. I could almost halve the price for the last four nights by staying at Stratosphere instead.. 600 to 350, wonder what the difference in experience would be.