FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Hilton Honors Account Hacked" thread
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:13 am
bigbuy

Originally Posted by card1953
My HHonors account was hacked on 9/28/14 and a large number of points were stolen. I discovered this on 9/29/14 and called and spoke to a Guest Services rep. I was given the phone number and order number for Maritz rewards and I was able to block the fulfillment of the fraudulent order. I will supposedly get the points back.
I asked the HHonors rep whether my account number should be changed (just as I would do if a credit card account was impaired). The rep did not think so but this doesn't really make sense to me. Of course changing the account number is a hassle because it is linked to credit cards, but still it would be more secure.
Anyone have any similar experience?
Yep, mine account was hacked on 9/30/14. The hackers took 466,860 points by ordering 2 Sony products. I emailed Hilton on 10/01 and also called. Within 24 hours, the points were returned and a new HHonors account number and password were issued. I think Hilton has a major security issue on their hands, although they gave me suggestions on how to protect my account. I don't use wifi or laptop/Ipad and only have one computer that is secured with Norton.