FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:17 am
Andrew Yiu
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by bakersdozen
Apart from the perception of choice the cynic in me thinks this is really a cost saving move spun as an "enhancement" as now they don't have to give everyone all the items for breakfast etc. for example now they stock 20 yogurts, etc instead of the whole cabin. They now serve the snacks that were usually on hand during the flight as the brunch option? As well, with the reduction of flight attendants recently last month their work load will be even greater.... service will be even slower now that they have to spend additional time plating...
Not sure how you cooked this one up... this is not a cost savings exercise; we spent $$ for all these initiatives. Yes, we no longer to board yogurt for everyone on Europe but at the same time, we added extra options too and we don't get them for free - Oatmeal, quiche, 2 kinds of cereals.

The brunch option has nothing to do with snacks, the current 3rd option we've added on YYZ/Asia just so happens to be a stir fry noodles with dim sum (which is a very popular brunch item in Asia) - nothing to do with the mid flight snacks dim sum.

I flew on YYZ-NRT today with the new crew complement, meal service completed within 2.5 hrs as per our specifications. (And no, I didn't help out as I am not allowed to serve customers or work as a FA) On all the trial flights we ran before launch, none of the meal service took longer than 2.5 hours. Of course there will be flights that will take a bit longer as our galley flight attendants get used to doing this - many of them have done this before and some have never done it so that's where the variation will come in at launch.