FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade booking that I didn't pay for
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:26 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome cd21419

Originally Posted by cd21419
I have an issue where I'm unable to upgrade a booking with Avois because of two reasons:

1. I'm not the credit card holder on the booking
2. There is another passenger traveling under the same booking reference that is not part of household account (Is it a colleague at work).
Welcome to Flyertalk cd21419, welcome in particular to the BA forum. I'm hoping one of the Service Centre staff will be along to confirm this, but I think your 2nd one is absolutely immutable: you can't have 2 people in one PNR in two different cabins. Therefore for that reason alone you will have to go on bended knee to the CEO and ask him to split the booking. If he is human I'm sure your call to use up expiring Avios or something similar will have a positive outcome. I've occasionally heard agents work away around the first point, but the second point is a fact of life.

But I hope you get it sorted, don't forget to tell us how it works out, and I hope we see plenty more of you here. Welcome on board.