FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:13 am
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Fredd
Indeed!

We renewed our drivers' licenses a few months ago and it never dawned on us that we needed to update them at NEXUS, in part because they're the same licenses with the same numbers, just a new expiry date.

Our nearest NEXUS office is in Blaine WA, only a 15-minute drive from our house.

Because of recent comments here, we drove over there today and an employee said firmly that we were required to update all documents on file with them. I confirmed that for us this meant drivers' licenses and passports.

He didn't give us a hard time or even comment on the fact we'd renewed our DLs back in the Spring, and simply swiped them through some kind of card reader on his computer. Including a friendly chat about travel, we were in and out in about five minutes.

Thank you to those posters who brought this to our attention. ^^
My wife was actually just talking to the info. line about an (unrelated) document with the info. line (Canadian officer), and she was told that her DL wasn't updated so she needed to do that. At least the last two times, I was told in the office in person that it wasn't necessary (for me), and so I asked to have mine taken off. When she mentioned this, the officer said if its still on your profile, it needs to be updated. I asked if it could be taken out - she said its not a problem but needs to be done at the office.

As for me, not sure if the Canadians have done it, but it still displays and allows me to edit in GOES (actually...I've got it listed twice, once with the older expiration, which I can not edit, and another time with my current expiry). Wish they would just be consistent.