FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:59 pm
titanzrule32

Programs: US SD, HH Silver, MR Silver, Hertz #1G
Originally Posted by nsc168
So I just called the 50k offer line with a referral offer. They were not able to approve my application right away, and will need additional time to consider my application. My last Chase application (for United Mileage Explorer - approved) was 3 months ago. Here are my questions:

1) I was also planning to apply for the 50k SW business card today (because it expires 9/30/14). Should I still go ahead and submit that application today online?

2) I was also planning to apply for the Chase Ink Plus card with a 70k referral offer before 10/10/14. Because I am planning to apply for 2 SW cards and Ink Plus within a 15 day period, do you think there's a possibility that my applications will get denied?

Thanks!

ETA: My CreditKarma credit score is 760.
There are two key factors I would consider:
  1. Chase delaying a decision on the first referral application is a red flag
  2. I think any credit card company would raise an eyebrow if the same individual applied for 2, much less 3 credit cards in a ~10 day period
There are many other factors that play into a credit card decision other than credit score: revolving limit, annual compensation, housing expenses, etc. Also, for every inquiry a creditor makes, it could negatively affect your credit score.

Just some things to consider IMO.