FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The day after the night before: how should AF regain passengers' trust post-strike?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 7:40 am
Artpen100

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by stimpy
Who was on holiday during this strike? Not many people I would suggest. Schools were all in session, right? I think that the lions share of people who were put out by the strike were business people. Business people who travel a lot know that most all airlines strike (LH is having another strike as I post this) and they will go back to booking whatever airline/route makes sense logistically or price-wise.
Well, me for one. But normally I take my vacations earlier in the summer. I am otherwise almost always flying AF on TATL business trips and always business class. I am not a "never again" person, but which airline I choose is always based on a number of factors, including convenience of times and connections, cost and quality of product, which includes dependability. The strike will certainly be a negative factor. Will it be the determining one? It depends on all the others. For example, I have been watching TATL in the Spring, and while prices on all airlines are high this far out, I have noticed some UA R open up. But I'm not ready to buy yet, so we shall see.