FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New US-Based AMEX card application
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:02 pm
zhouyuwei128

Wink New US-Based AMEX card application

Hey Guys:

I am new here and don't have much experiences applying credit card. So I may have some Questions about applying credit cards here.

About me:
1. I am a Chinese passport holder, travels between China and US
2. DO NOT have Social Security #(SSN) or ITIN, BUT have valid US address for billing
3. I have AMEX card issued from a China bank with excellent credit history and convinced credit line, as well as a US-based credit card (BOA) with moderate transactions and credit line.

Per chatting with AMEX rep., a valid SSN/ITIN for AMEX credit card application is not a MUST, so that I can apply US-based AMEX credit card through a phone call. After I do so I have no idea about the application results, the sales rep on call only took my China-based AMEX card info and skip my US-based BOA credit card, so here I come with some questions.

1. Does AMEX card share credit transactions internationally, so that AMEX HQ or card approval dept. can reach AMEX transactions from China?
2. My US-based BOA card has approx. 1 year active history and i believe the credit is good, always spend safely and pay on-time. As long as I don't have SSN, i am not sure if AMEX or other banks are able to reach my personal credits by only checking my Passport #, name and DOB.
3. If i can redo the AMEX card application, should I insist to provide US-based cards to get a more convinced credit background ?

I know some of the questions related to AMEX internal approval process that may not be appropriate to shared with, but for me, I only want to increase the chance of getting APPROVED!

Thank you guys in advance, looking forward to your comments or recommendations!