FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:42 pm
Fredd

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
I went to the office in YYZ to update my drivers license information and they told me that I didn't need to, as long as my passport and green card information was up to date. It's weird how everyone makes their own rules. I still left them a copy of my DL because I'd rather be safe than sorry, and documented their name and the time I was at the office just in case it becomes an issue later.
Indeed!

We renewed our drivers' licenses a few months ago and it never dawned on us that we needed to update them at NEXUS, in part because they're the same licenses with the same numbers, just a new expiry date.

Our nearest NEXUS office is in Blaine WA, only a 15-minute drive from our house.

Because of recent comments here, we drove over there today and an employee said firmly that we were required to update all documents on file with them. I confirmed that for us this meant drivers' licenses and passports.

He didn't give us a hard time or even comment on the fact we'd renewed our DLs back in the Spring, and simply swiped them through some kind of card reader on his computer. Including a friendly chat about travel, we were in and out in about five minutes.

Thank you to those posters who brought this to our attention. ^^