FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your travel goals - ones you've reached, ones you are aiming to reach.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:56 pm
darthbimmer

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Future:
Actually fly somewhere in first or business class (not a spontaneous upgrade on an LAX to SFO or during a medical evacuation)
Visit a really nice hotel / really nice place (I'm overwhelmed by a place like the Park Hyatt Chicago, but I know it isn't "luxury" by many people's standards.)
Ride in a town car/black car.
I'm perplexed at how you've lived a life of perpetual travel (no home) and visited 170 countries yet haven't done any of these three things. These are simply matters of choosing to spend money. Yes, visiting 170 countries usually requires spending money, but it also requires significant time and effort. Whereas staying at a luxury hotel simply requires a person who's already traveling to decide, "Hmm, I'll opt to spend $400/night to stay at a luxe hotel on this trip instead of $150/night." Riding in a town car is even more trivial, as calling ahead for an executive car service to ride to/from the airport is in many places cheaper than hailing a taxi.