FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Winter Schedule Change Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:21 am
PLeblond
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
But does it make sense to time YULMIA for EU when you have far more EU feed into YYZ, and 4*daily YYZMIA service a few hundred miles away?

IMO, you're trading the O/D Ottawa/Montreal>Miami/Keys edge to facilitate EU passengers through YUL that otherwise would have gone through YYZ. Even the early YYZMIA AC flt departs too early for any domestic connections.

This sure doesn't work for me and my friends/family who enjoy 3-4 day getaways to Miami Beach and the Keys but, if the new timing betters the chance for AC to increase Miami service in future, we all benefit in the end.
I believe its a compliment to domestic Florida traffic patterns. Quebecers tend to go to Florida's east coast MIA-FLL-PBI when Ontarians tend to go to Florida's West coast RSW, SRQ, TPA.

I know the YUL-FLL is THE Quebec-Florda corridor, but I've always been surprised that off season AC doesn't offer a YUL-MIA, where AA can do 2-3 daily. I've always figured an E90 could run daily. Montreal and Miami are 2 very cosmopolitain destinations that serve a link.