FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frequent Traveler University (FTU) Events [merged]
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:44 am
trigleek

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
Originally Posted by rehoult
As for the level of knowledge at the basic one, it really ranges. Most know a little, some know a lot, but there are also many starting with near to zero knowledge. We have to define CPM and why it matters, we have to explain SDC and why it's often a useful benefit, we have to literally walk people through a CC application. That is obviously annoying for people who know it already, but OTOH, the people trying to learn the basics find it very frustrating if we don't explain everything. It's very hard to cater to such a wide audience; hopefully we'll be able to do it better with the extra speakers and sessions that a larger event allows us to work with.

I think FTU is a great way to meet people in the hobby and catch up with old friends, especially if you have gone to past FTU events. However, I went to FTU advanced Chicago back in July and I met someone who asked me what a United 1K was. I answered the question but in my head I was like... this is advanced?

Either way, all the presenters will answer any questions you have especially if you ask them during their session versus 1-on-1. I did notice the speakers are always the same and I wish the organizers at least added non-bloggers (or minor bloggers) as co-presenters or co-speakers in some sessions to freshen it up. I'm sure there must be other FTers out there who are on the same level of knowledge as Lucky or Gary but chose not to be bloggers.