FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Potential FT DO | Aberdeen/Lossiemouth/Inverness | 05-07 December
Old Sep 28, 2014, 3:34 pm
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jamier45
Back to work tomorrow so the major planning will begin.

Is everyone happy with bar food on Friday night in Aberdeen then lunch on the Saturday around lossie and then if we can a distillery tour, follow by tea in Aberdeen, thinking Angus steakhouse or would people prefer Italian/Chinese? Then a few drinks on the evening.

Can have lunch in Aberdeen before people head home on the Sunday.
All sounds good to me. I haven't got any preference for food on Friday or Saturday night - I am not a fussy eater. On Friday it seems I would arrive at ABZ at 1920 so I can just join when I get there (about 2000?).

Distillery tour in Speyside sounds good for Saturday afternoon. There are plenty around there so I am sure we can find one to accommodate us. I have heard good things about Abelour, Glenfarclas, Strathisla, Glen Moray, or Glen Grant. The first three especially are supposed to be good tours.

There is also a cooperage nearby which accepts visitors. As a big whisky drinker this would be of interest to me, but probably not to many others? Possibly may work as an afternoon combination with a distillery tour?

Originally Posted by Jamier45
Transport from Aberdeen to Lossiemouth will be by train -scotrail- and for the transport to/from Elgin to lossie/findhorn/distillery will be minibus.

Around Aberdeen we each have a pair of legs able to be utilised
Looks like you are already well advanced with the planning ^ I am looking forward to this one.