FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 28, 2014, 2:06 pm
Miesque

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I just did a one night stay here on Friday night, booked a regular room and was upgraded to a Splash Suite on the 4th floor. The Splash suite was nice and roomy and the high ceilings make the room look much bigger. Views were of the NY Public Library and Empire State Building. On the negative, a lot of outside noise, a rude awakening to returning Midtown after having pretty much exclusively been downtown at the Conrad which is pretty quiet relatively speaking on the weekend. Second, much as was the case at Andaz Wall Street, the curtains are not black out curtains leaving lots of light to come thru (for some that is not a big deal but I am one who likes it completely black). The bathroom was fantastic. I don't know if there was supposed to be stemware, but there was none. Nespresso machine was useful and I took advantage of the room service Diamond breakfast and the brioche french toast was pretty good as was the eggs, bacon and potatoes. My food was not as hot as I would prefer and even the coffee was more on the lukewarm side. I will comment that while breakfast was decent enough, it was rather overpriced if you are actually paying for it. In lieu of a business center there is one computer and printer downstairs for general use, which seems a bit on the light side.