FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jiejie's Excellent Sichuan and Yunnan Adventure
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:58 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by painintheuk
Thanks Moondog.

I'd rather pay with RMB and assumed it would be easier to pay with my Chinese Unionpay card. I also thought that tickets were mostly electronic now. Do they use physical tickets for domestic travel which need delivering?

I will use a local agent when I get back to China next week if that is really easier, but even in Canada I tend to avoid agents as much as possible since except for complex itineraries it is almost always easier to do online myself, and even with the complex stuff I give the agent very detailed instructions on exactly which flights and fare classes to book - that's not really an option for me in China.

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
1. They won't send a delivery guy out just to give you an eticket receipt. If you need the receipt for expenses, they can either mail it to you or hold it at the airport. Our company has them keep all of our receipts at SHA, and we pick them up about once a month. That way, it's impossible to mistake them for junk mail.

2. SHA-LJG usually doesn't discount much, so if you found a great rate, I would be inclined to grab it sooner rather than later.

3. I looked at Ctrip's "Union Pay Online Payment" option today, and must say that it sure looked like it would work with regular bank cards. Try it out and let us know how it goes.

4. When I refer to travel agents, I'm not speaking of bespoke tours and the like, but rather an office with a computer that is tied into Travelsky. You go there, tell them your name, your passport number, and the flight you want. Then, they take your money, and issue a ticket for you. The system is absurdly simple.