FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Executive [Late 2014 - 2015]
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:42 am
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Where is that 18 months language on some applications found? Just on a landing page, or within the application as well?
Go to:

"New 50k offer:
Landing page for New 50K for $5K spending, no statement credit" The second sentence is in blue ink in the Wiki, followed by my "warning" in red.

Click on the landing page, and at the bottom of the page you will see: "2Additional Information" in small blue type. Click on that. The first paragraph on the next page is about free checked bags. The second paragraph is:

"Card offer
50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage®bonus miles can be earned by new Citi Executive® / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® cardmembers approved through this offer. Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage®bonus miles after making $5,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of cardmembership. American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had a Citi Executive® / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® opened or closed in the past 18 months."

To the best of my knowledge, this is not included in the app that is linked from that landing page, but the app itself is unlike any app I have ever seen before. The only information you can enter is your name, everything else is closed off until you do that. Once you do the space opens up for your phone number. You have to work your way down the page, with each item only opening after you have completed the previous one. Very strange....