FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rolling Credit Into Refi--Bad For Credit?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:08 pm
gypsyardor

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Just a point for you. I refinanced 11/2012 and went from a 80K loan to a 100K. I too used the money for remodeling. Hardwood floors, Bathrooms X2 and Granite counter tops.
Last month when I checked my Fico it was 837. When I refinanced it was 809 so after almost 2 years mine went up. So I would think you should have the same results. Good luck you're using it for all the right reasons.
And yes it is common for them to pull the credit report the day of closing mine did.
Great! Did you happen to roll any cc debt into the refinance and close the card, also? I'm still curious if it would have looked like a negative thing to credit card companies had we done that.

I'm still amazed at how playing the miles game has made our credit score climb and climb. That's sweet that yours climbed to 837 after the refi! I check our scores regularly through CreditKarma, to learn what causes things to change. I was surprised that when we used a cc we had kept a zero balance on for a long time that it triggered an *increase* in our score...apparently showing action on a card is sometimes viewed as a very positive thing. We paid it back down to zero the following month and the increase in the score stayed.

Anyway, congrats on the climb in your score and on getting some great things done to your home. We're excited to finish ours off after moving slowly on it over the past four years.