Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by raunow
Back when I booked before summer the only car groups offered online were:
- EDAR (Toyota Yaris)
- CDAR (Nissan Tiida)
- FDAR (MB C class)
- LDAR (MB E class)
+ various higher classes.

Now, however, in addition to these the following classes are also offered online:
- SDAR (VW Jetta)
- IDAR (MB A Class)

So assuming the VW Passat is in IDAR, the OP was actually offered a two class Diamond upgrade (CDAR->IDAR) which seems pretty generous to me.
How do you figure I was given a two class upgrade? I originally booked a CDAR and they upgraded me to a car not even listed as being available from them. If the SDAR and IDAR class had been offered, I could have booked an SDAR to get into a MB C. But, neither the SDAR or IDAR classes existed. When I book a car I book it based on what upgrade is possible with the classes listed, which at DXB Sixt should have been an MB E, but I was OK with just a single class upgrade to an MB C. When I finally booked the MB C instead, I was given no upgrade.

Originally Posted by HHQX888
End of August this same situation at DXB like always with SIXT UAE, my booking was on MB C'class and at the desk thay give me exactly what I make booking. 5min talking with staff's at the desk and they change my C'class to E'class. Conclusion is thay don't respect Platinium cards. Returning way from Abu Dhabi with Hertz and again I book Volvo S60 = Lexus IS250 and recive upgrade to BMW 730 ... .
At least you got upgraded. I booked a MB C and got an MB C as a Diamond member, with a refusal for any further upgrade.

The lurker here from Sixt did try to look into the matter, but both Dubai and Doha Sixt apparently refused to answer his inquiries. It got escalated to Germany and still nada.

My conclusion is that Dubai and Doha are completely rogue and Sixt Corporate doesn't wield any power over them, they run amok with their own rules.

Last edited by whimike; Sep 25, 2014 at 3:16 am