FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:04 am
othermike27

Originally Posted by JEFFJAGUAR
Just a quick note for whatever it's worth. Friday got a call from somebody at UNFCU leaving a message. Returned the call this morning. She first welcomed me to UNFCU and asked where I had heard of them. I said on a blog. She said do you mean Flyer Talk as she's been getting a lot of people talking about flyer talk. I said yes. She said I suppose you most wanted the chip and pin card. I said correct! I guess this blog has some influence somewhere.
I believe you also have/had the AFCU Globetrek card, so I'll ask: how would you compare dealing with this credit union so far versus your experience with AFCU?

I have one more international trip on which I can use my old-style USAA MC if a PIN is needed, then it will be replaced with the new-style card with a signature-first CVM list early next year. So, I'll be looking at options from just staying with the USAA card and putting up with the occasional headaches, to finding a replacement PIN-first card. But I really don't feel like dealing with the hassles of an out-of-date back office process like AFCU has (although it's supposed to be much improved, according to experience reports from earlier this year). Thanks.