FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cashback on Amex GC through TopCashBack, BigCrumbs, etc.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:38 pm
vfdfs2

Programs: United MP, American AAdvantage, Chase UR, AMEX MR
I was charged the Premium Shipping Plan Membership back in August of $99 which i thought was worth it when purchasing gc with cb was present. Since that is now gone, there is no need to pay for the $99 or the prorate. Called in to AMEX gift to have the shipping plan membership canceled. Supposedly it should be easy, smooth and hassle-free based on feedback from other users and the T&C but turned out to be a nightmare of one and a half hour on the phone with a CSR. CSR did not know what i was talking about; said i was still on the trial plan, gave her the order number with the purchase and the $99 shipping charge did not help, told me that the shipping charge is only for amex member and since i paid with chase visa, there is none; did not show a premium shipping charge; theres more, but can't remember. The worst one is to call chase up and dispute the $99 charge. What kind of bs is this. worst cs ever. Finally i had to call chase to dispute the $99.

This is my experience and i hope no one had to go through this just to get the refund back for the premium shipping plan membership.